Friday, March 03, 2017

Weekend Review - Kate's Birthday Weekend

Oh, dear. These posts are sliding further and further back in the week! The weekend is starting, and I'm just now posting about last weekend. Going to try get back to my Sunday night weekend post.
Last Friday was Kate's 13th birthday! I have a teenager! Matt got our traditional donuts and balloons for breakfast. I made her favorite meal for dinner - French dip sandwiches with roasted brussel sprouts and carrots (ok, the veggies aren't her favorite but she likes them). We ate right after school because she had both swim and volleyball that night. While she was practicing I ran out for an ice cream cake from Josh & John's, and we had our little cake and presents celebration late (after 10PM!)
Saturday morning was a make-up piano lesson for Jack and errands and getting ready to go to The Great Wolf Lodge! A nearby location just opened this winter, and kids have been excited to try it out. Matt was on call all weekend, so I invited a friend for each of the kids and made a last minute decision to go stay.
(There are plenty of reviews online about staying at Great Wolf Lodges, so I don't know that I need to add to it right now. But I definitely have some thoughts that maybe I'll share at some point.)
All Saturday afternoon and evening and Sunday morning and afternoon were spent at the lodge. Matt was able to come for a few hours Saturday evening. There was lots of waterpark play, MagiQuest for the boys, ropes course for the girls, pizza dinner, and a little mini birthday party for Kate.
I was EXHAUSTED when we arrived home Sunday late afternoon. I fell onto the couch and did nothing the rest of the evening!

No comments: