Monday, January 09, 2017

DayBook 1.9.17

Outside my window... still dark. And crazy windy. I haven't slept the last few hours because I was worried a tree would fall on me!

I a hearing... the wind howling and the fire crackling and the furnace just turned on for the day.

I am feeling... anxious about this wind storm. But I've fixed myself a cup of tea, started a fire, and am snuggled under a favorite quilt with Tripper next to me. That makes me feel better. **While writing this post, Jack woke from the wind and joined me on the couch. Now he's sleeping on the floor!**
Right Now
I am thinking... about travel plans for this year. Exciting to wonder about what we'll see and do.

I am thankful for... a real fireplace.

From the kitchen... chili for dinner tonight (if I can fix the flavor - I used a new seasoning and it's crazy bland). Also going to try this chicken pesto and veggie recipe.

I a wearing... black leggings, a white turtleneck, and a grey cocoon sweater. Very comfy.

I am creating... a low volume quilt. I've never made one before, and I like it. The one I'm working on is a gift, and I already want to start another for myself.

I am going... to call the tree service first thing today. I want them to come thin the tree branches of my giant blue spruces.

I am reading... actual reading is still a bit hard on my eye. I'm slowly making my way through Wave (just a page or 2 a night). Jack and I are reading Call It Courage together. And I'm listening to Chasing Monarchs and New Seeds of Contemplation

I am hoping... that I can take a nap today. Was up way too early.

Around the house... working hard on cleaning out the storage areas of our basement. Just the workroom left. It's emptied out, now just slowly sorting all the junk that goes in there.

In the garden... hopefully the trees are still up with first light! I can't believe I'm starting to think about planting for spring. Considering doing some starts on my own. Just unsure if I'll remember to water them!

In the homeschool room... we eased into some homeschooling last week. I need to write out a plan for January.

How I am exercising... not at all the last 8 weeks or so. I'm going to do a couch to 5K plan to ease myself back into running. Today is supposed to be my first run.

A few plans for the week... hoping to meet wth our architect, Matt has a day off which is always productive, otherwise it's going to be a pretty routine week.

No comments: