Monday, January 30, 2017

DayBook 1.30.17

Outside my window... just starting to get light.  

I am hearing... furnace warming the house up.

I am feeling... tired. Didn't sleep well.

I am thinking... that I'll take a nap later.

I am thankful for... warm winter days.

From the kitchen... I made 2 whole chickens in the pressure cooker. Worked well and fast, although I'm not sure I got as much meat as when I make it in the slow cooker. Maybe it was just these chickens? Having quinoa enchilada casserole for dinner tonight. Need to plan out the rest of the week.

I am wearing... jeans and an old sweatshirt.


I am creating... a project with Jack.


I am going... to make dentist appointments. They got put off with my eye surgery.


I am reading... another week of not much reading! I got sucked into the HBO series The Leftovers and watched that before bed most nights. So still slowly reading Olive Kitteridge and Intimacy as my fiction, Untangled as my nonfiction, and Lord of the Deep out loud to Jack. Kate stole Lion so I'll have to get back to that one. Almost finished with the audiobook The Jesuit Guide to Almost Everything

I am hoping... to finalize some of our spring break plans soon.

Around the house... excited about our remodel. Cleaned out children's books last week, might work on my books this week.

In the garden... thinking a bit about landscaping with our remodel.

In the homeschool room... lots of science projects. Lots of reading/audiobooks.

How I am exercising... sore all last week from strength training. Sore again this morning from skiing this weekend. Going to do a short, easy run today. 

A few plans for the week... mostly normal week. I'm going to do a trip to Denver, Matt has a day off, couple homeschool library programs, and Kate has a birthday party AND a Super Bowl party.

No comments: