Tuesday, January 17, 2017

DayBook 1.17.16

Outside my window... it's dark, dark. I was hoping to do a DayBook blog post most Mondays this year. Since yesterday was a holiday, I delayed until today, and this morning suddenly turned into evening and here I am just finding time to write.

I am hearing... the furnace and the washing machine running. Otherwise a quiet house. In this moment, anyway.

I am feeling... ever so slightly overwhelmed. I kept getting side tracked today and didn't accomplish what I wanted

I am thinking... and planning our spring break trip to DC.

I am thankful for... two (mostly) working eyes! The one that had surgery still isn't quite back to normal but slowly getting there.

From the kitchen... I made a family favorite for dinner tonight - Three Sister Stew. Roasted some beets for me to eat through the week. I have the beet greens soaking to make baked eggs with greens and mushrooms. I also have all the ingredients to make (more!) Texas caviar and a new quinoa and roasted butternut squash recipe. Might have that tomorrow evening with crockpot roasted chicken. Our bread loaf is getting old, so I think I'll make French toast in the morning for the kids.

I am wearing... black jeans, a black & white striped tee, and my red & black buffalo check hoody shirt. Feeling like a hipster!

I am creating... some space in my life.

I am going... to fold the 3 baskets of clean towels that have stacked up at the bottom of the stairs. Am I the only one who notices them?!?

I am reading... Olive Kitteridge and Intimacy as my fiction, Untangled as my nonfiction, How We Do It as my audiobook, and Lord of the Deep out loud to Jack.

I am hoping... for some warmer, sunny days. I need to get outside more.

Around the house... ARC coming tomorrow to pick up donations. Slowly working on basement, waiting for Matt to go through tools so I can continue to clean out/organize our workroom. Thinking I might go through our children's books soon. Will be sad to clean out a bunch of picture books...

In the garden... not much right now, but will start thinking about spring projects soon. If we get a warm day, I might turn the compost. Also need to add some dirt to the chickens' dusting bin.

In the homeschool room... sorta just doing what we want to right now. Maintaining with tutors. Need to sign up for a writing class and an art class.

How I am exercising... ugh. Getting back to it has been tough. I'm doing a lot of walking, started slowly running but it's HARD! A friend just announced she's opening a fit studio just a few miles from my house. Can't wait for that in March!

A few plans for the week...a massage, a haircut, a swim meet, my first tennis match since eye surgery. Plus all the other routine craziness. When is my nap??

No comments: