Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2017 Quilt Plans

I really, really, really want to get some WIPs (works-in-progress for you non-quilters) finished up in 2017. Mostly because my sewing room needs cleaning up, and I've discovered the best way to clean it up is to finish quilts and get them out!

Of course I'll get sidetracked and start some new projects... I'm thinking of some fun ones even as I sit here writing about finishes...

Quilts to Finish
  1. Multicolor Madness - top is finished, have backing - just need to baste, quilt, and bind
  2. Colorado Wildflowers - top is finished, have backing - just need to baste, quilt and bind
  3. King Stars - top is finished, need to figure out back for this monstrosity
  4. Low Volume Love Quilt - need to finish piecing the top - this one is a gift and so a priority
  5. Green Quilt - this one is so old that I don't even remember what I was doing! Figure that out.
  6. Star quilt - pieces cut, needs to be pieced, just lap sized so should go quickly
  7. Boys' quilt - pieced the top but not happy with it. Need to figure out how to fix that.
  8. Xmas quilts - won't finish these, but want to cut fabric to reduce volume
  9. Bluebird of Happiness quilt - won't finish this either, but need some organization for it
  10. Scrappy Pieces - this is a quilt as you go, need to keep adding little bits to finish
Colorado Wildflowers on the Design Wall
Other quilty sewing projects
  1. Happy Birthday Banner - I made these for my sister-in-laws many years ago but never finished my own!
  2. Holiday Table Runners - I want one for each season or holiday because they look so nice. Just need to not make it complicated for myself. Start with winter, Valentine's Day, St. Pat's, Easter/Spring
  3. Quilted Throw Pillows - because I love them
  4. Zip bags - for gifts
  5. Christmas tree skirt - 12 months to make it!
I'd like to have a few quilts to hand bind during swim meets in January & February. I'm also losing my sewing room once our remodel starts (it's moving to our current guest room) so I'd like to make a bunch of progress in the next couple months.

No comments: