Sunday, November 27, 2016

First Day of Advent

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Mine was not as I expected. Maybe I'll get around to writing about that sometime.

Today I pulled out a few first holiday decorations - I like to decorate slowly as we draw nearer to the main celebration. We put out a few pot fillers on the front porch to replace the pumpkins, got our advent calendar set up and ready to start this week, and set up our advent wreath on the table. Tonight at dinner we lit the first candle, read the creation Bible story, and read one of our Christmas picture books (which my kids have mostly outgrown, but I'm still making them listen to me!).

And I read one of my favorite Advent writings Where God Begins.  Always a good read me.

1 comment:

Emily Shorette said...

If you have a minute, I'd like to introduce you to my blog "Emily's Virtual Rocket". This is a serious newsblog with a special emphasis on transgender issues. Almost every day, the newsblog is updated, so you can read the very latest. In addition, I have covered news critiquing Donald Trump.

I hope you find this interesting. Please paste the following:

emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

Thank you! By the way, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and Happy Kwanzaa!