Tuesday, November 08, 2016

DayBook 11.8.16

Outside my window... an amazingly beautiful, sunny day. I'm not complaining, but isn't it supposed to be cold in mid-November? Is winter coming?

I am feeling... pretty well rested. Love the fall time change.

I am thinking... about outfits for the kids for holiday outings and photography we are having done over Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for... sunglasses.

From the kitchen... made Swedish pancakes for breakfast. Not sure on dinner - maybe Harvest Skillet. I have everything I need to make it. There is a veggie sausage soup defrosting in the fridge, but will probably put that in the crockpot tomorrow for dinner and serve it with cornbread. Also have beets and cauliflower in the fridge to roast. Will probably do the beets today and then use the greens to make this amazingly wonderful baked eggs with greens. It is SO good. Although now I wish I had gotten 2 cartons of mushrooms at the grocery because Kate has started asking for Killer Kale Salad again.

I a wearing... black running shorts, yellow-green running tee, running shoes. Can't wait to get out of them and in the shower!

I am creating... a really cute quilt that I can't seem to find time to work on!

I am going... to drop of my ballot this evening. I kinda like waiting until the last few hours.

I am reading... Before the Fall (fiction audiobook), Better Than Before (nonfiction audiobook), Intimacy (fiction real book), How to Save a Life (fiction Kindle), and Dance of the Dissident Daughter (nonfiction real book), The Adventures of Robin Hood (read aloud with Jack). I'm at the end of all of these. Need to line up my next list of books!

I am hoping... that all is well at my eye doctor appointment tomorrow. I've been on every 2 hour steroid drops since my surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago. My vision is still a bit blurry in that eye but really hoping it's not more ingrowth.

Around the house... I've been working really hard cleaning out the back storage area of our basement. We've been in this house for 8 years which has been plenty of time to accumulate masses of STUFF back there. I'm about 2/3 through and feeling  ever so lighter. My favorite change is the far back, coal cellar alcove has been converted to holiday decoration storage. I now have many of our decorations on shelves where I can easily keep track of what we have.

In the garden... I can't believe I still have a growing garden! Really just the kale, chard, rhubarb and hardy herbs are left, but still. I'm ready for a good, hard freeze so I can mulch it all with compost for the winter. Even my forget-me-nots are still blooming!

In the homeschool room... I never did a November homeschool plan. We've been mostly just doing the basics - math, reading, writing. Some history. Some science. Lots of election coverage.

How I am exercising... I went on a really nice run this morning. Not far and not fast, but it felt so good.

A few plans for the week... all our normal swim/tennis/tutor/piano activities plus lots of appointments for me this week - therapist, eye doctor, hair. Also a technology meeting at the school, meeting with our architect, and a girls' night out. Then a big swim meet this weekend.

1 comment:

Askın Manset said...

tüm türkiye istanbul medyum Medyum - Medyum - Medyum - Medyum Tavsiye - Medyum - - Medyum medyumcular.