Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Homeschool Plan - 6th Grade - September

We really went back and forth about what to do with Jack and school for this upcoming year. After 4 full years of homeschooling, I'm getting a little tired (yet I still love it. Mixed feelings, I guess). I was also surprised at how much more difficult it was to homeschool just Jack last year with Kate back in public school.

So we looked at a bunch of options, talked to our trusted ones, and decided just in the last couple weeks to homeschool again this year. Only I am going to outsource much more of the work and attempt to simplify what I do. I'm really happy with what we are pulling together.

I originally was going to write out a year long plan, but I know well enough how homeschooling works in our household to know that we won't stick to a plan that long. So I'm going to go month to month again in my planning

LANGUAGE ARTS
Tutor - 3x/week - reading, spelling, writing
Paragraph Basics - online writing class with Scribblers
Independent Reading - Gregor the Overlander series
Reading Aloud - finish Heart of a Samurai, then Ivanhoe
Read Grammarland

MATH
Tutor - 3x/week - she's reviewing and switching us to Singapore Math
Read Sir Cumference series
Life of Fred - Honey

SOCIAL STUDIES
The Story of the World - volume 2 - start at beginning to review but work through fairly quickly
Library books & videos related to history subjects

SCIENCE
Experiment packets
Hovercraft Making - 1 day coop program
Homeschool Science - monthly library program
MINECON - oh, yeah... we are going...!!!

ELECTIVES
Waldorf Homeschool Program - 1day/week
Keyboarding Without Tears
Speech Therapy - 2x/week includes writing lessons
Piano - TBD
Swim Team - 3-4x/week
Learn to Draw - 1 day library program
Dock Diving - TBD

1 comment:

games2girls said...

You need to have time to take care of the kids active. Please visit our website and play exciting flash games.
Thanks you for sharing!
Games2Girls
Kizi 1000
Frin
Friv 3