Monday, August 15, 2016

DayBook 8.15.16

Outside my window... it's a beautiful Colorado morning! I'm sitting outside enjoying my backyard. I've been gone for 3 weeks, and I'm quite satisfied to be home again.

I am hearing... highway traffic, neighbor's water feature, dogs barking, and Tripper's collar tags jingling. Noisy morning!

I am thinking... "How in the world is it the middle of August already?!?"

I am thankful for... long travels with good friends.

From the kitchen... no idea what is going to happen in the kitchen this week. Definitely Vancouver tacos. Some good salads. Gotta check the garden to see what's growing there. One of the top items on today's to do list is just to figure out tonight's dinner!

I a wearing... light, loose sweatshirt and army green shorts.

I am creating... organization from the chaos. This week is get-back-to-the-routine week. In a good way.

I am going... to review my summer goals and start working on my autumn goals soon.

I am reading... Ready Player One and Stargirl. Finished a bunch of others the last few weeks. The only standouts where Kitchens of the Great Midwest and A Long Walk to Water.

I am hoping... to share some travel thoughts and photos sometime later this week.

Around the house... clueless as to the state of my house! 

In the garden... haven't looked a the garden in a few weeks! From a distance it looks okay. Might pull some stuff and put in more kale for autumn. My pots are looking a little sad, but hopefully they'll be feeling better by the end of the week.

In the homeschool room... gotta start working on the upcoming year this week and next. Need to do some review and test Jack soon.

How I am exercising... the last 3 weeks I've just been active - swimming in the lake, taking long walks, hiking, SUPing, walking around Vancouver. Will do a long walk today and try a run tomorrow. I hate getting used to the altitude again...

A few plans for the week... I'm not organized enough yet to even know what is going on this week. School starts for Kate Friday (egads!), I'm sure I have some tennis, I think I have a therapist appointment, and I know we have a weekend trip to Water World!

No comments: