Sunday, July 17, 2016

Weekend Review

My friend Ashlee and her three kiddos visited this week, so it felt like the weekend began with their arrival Wednesday evening. Love having a few days of fun!

Thursday we took the cog railway to the top of Pikes Peak.
Bit chilly at 14,000+ feet


Lovin' being in the clouds!

I had a tennis match Thursday evening. My car was in the shop so Matt had to come get me. We attempted to figure out Pokemon Go on the drive home... still don't get it...
Catch him, Matt!!

Friday we headed towards our place in the mountains, stopping for a few hours along the way to tube again in the river. Matt and Kate joined us later that night after work and swim practice.
More river time

On Saturday after having a leisurely morning, waving goodbye to our friends, and napping a bit, we hiked Mayflower Gulch. Easy but beautiful hike that we had never done before. Extra enjoyable that there were mining ruins to discover along the way and a bunch of old log cabins at the top.
Christmas Card photo?
The Girls
(I have a great photo of the boys also, but it's on Matt's phone. 
Will come back and update this post)
Sunday morning Matt & Jack went mountain biking, I did a 7 mile run (with a lot of walking!), and Kate relaxed at home with the dogs.
This boy is loving mountain biking!
Mid-afternoon, Matt & the kids went to the pool while I showered and packed and took (another!) nap.

Now we are home, and I sent the kids on their bikes to the Tastee Freeze for dinner. I'm about to have a light dinner of blueberries, Noosa lemon yogurt, and granola. Then it is off to get organized for the week!

No comments: