Monday, July 18, 2016

DayBook 7.18.16

Outside my window... sitting outside on my front porch again. Absolutely beautiful morning.

I am hearing... Tripper barking at squirrels in the backyard. They tease him relentlessly from their tree perches. (I actually just went and brought Tripper to the front yard with me - too much barking for 7:30AM!)

I am thinking... about all I want to get done this week. I'm going to be a busy girl!

I am thankful for... mornings where I wake early and the kids sleep in. I can get a while day's worth of work done in those few hours.

From the kitchen... going to take it easy in the kitchen this week. Kids are asking for French dip sandwiches. I'll also make some Greek salad pasta. Maybe a flank steak. And maybe a chicken.

I a wearing... black workout capris, a super cute tank that crisscrosses in front, and a loose sweatshirt

I am creating... quilts. Going to piece a quilt-as-you-go baby quilt top today. Also would like to get a lap quilt basted and quilted this week.

I am going... to take Kate to breakfast before swim practice.

I am reading... just finished Everyone Brave is Forgiven and starting Kitchens of the Great Midwest.

I am hoping... that I can get rid of my tennis skirt tan this week!

Around the house... is fairly clean and calm. Not a lot of projects right now. So nice!

In the garden... basil is out of control. Need to make & freeze pesto this week.

In the homeschool room... nothing formal. Need to gear up to test Jack before school starts again. 

How I am exercising... Pilates early this morning. I've done a few runs. Starting a 2 week booty program. Also want read Power of 10 and try it out soon.

A few plans for the week... all our normal swim practices/tutors/etc, a little tennis, gaming for Jack, haircut for me, a few other appointments, an evening party, and the state swim meet.

1 comment:

E3 said...

What fantastic images. And those fresh peaches have me craving some for a snack - or pie.