Monday, June 20, 2016

DayBook 6.20.16 - First Day of Summer!

Outside my window... sitting outside on my front porch where it stays cool even on hot days. My front porch is making me so happy lately with my little bistro set, my colorful throw pillows, a swinging egg chair, and my pretty planted pots. There is a bit of breeze, and the dogs are relaxing in the shade. 

I am hearing... just a few cars here and there and birds all over.

I am thinking... that I really *want* to participate in the quilting Row By Row, but that the last thing I need is something else to be working on.

I am thankful for... for ubreakifix and the new glass they put on my smashed iPhone

From the kitchen... not sure what we are going to eat this week. Definitely salads with greens from the garden. I think I'll roast a couple chickens. Probably eat a lot of popsicles!

I a wearing... a white tennis skirt and a long sleeved neon peachy top. No sense changing until a take shower. Just not sure when I'm going to do that... first have to decide if I'm taking Jack & friend to the pool.

I am creating... not a lot. I need some creative time.

I am going... to watch the latest episode of Game of Thrones sometime today. Didn't watch last night, and I'm having to stay away from all the news stories!

I am reading... The Nightingale (which I was absolutely not going to read but now I am) but it is due back at the library in a few days & I won't finish before then. I also have and might switch to When Breath Becomes Air because there is a longer wait for it.  Then I'll go back to The Nightingale.

I am hoping... for rain this afternoon!

Around the house... my kitchen is a disaster at this moment, and I'm doing my best to ignore it. Starting to move my garage sale piles up from the basement to the front porch. Can't wait for everything to be GONE! Less than a week!

In the garden... everything is looking really good as long as it gets water. Lettuce is going crazy. This morning I trained the beans to climb the side of the chicken coop. The hens & chicks I planted are doing great. I thought I'd lose a few, but even the pathetic looking ones are getting new middle growth. Weeds are also thriving. I've been using Avenger Weed Killer with good success (I order it through Home Depot free store delivery)

In the homeschool room... ugh, no. Too hot!

How I am exercising... had Pilates early this morning. Think I'll schedule a private lesson. Played fun doubles today and have a USTA tennis match later in the week. Bound and determined to make it to bootcamp twice this week. Running a few times this week. I decided just yesterday to run a 1/4 marathon (6.5 miles) in September. Good to have a goal.

A few plans for the week... life quiets down a bit this week; Kate is at swim camp all week, I had a massage this morning, a few playdates set up with friends, normal swim practice and tutoring for Jack plus he gets his bottom braces (blah!), a little tennis for me, beach volleyball for Kate, and then the big garage sale this weekend!

No comments: