Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Goals Review

I look over this list and wonder, "Dude, have you done anything the last month??"

FINANCIAL
  • Keep list of all purchases in 2016 - in progress, so far so good
  • Maintain Mvelopes - ongoing
  • Update insurance on jewelry - appraisals done, need to send paperwork to insurance company
  • Update will & estate documents - read AARP Estate Planning and Beyond the Grave (this is a surprisingly good read), need to get paperwork from Matt
  • Set up savings plan for big home updates - set up a savings "envelope" (in Mvelopes), put some money in it, need to figure out how much more to save & make a plan
  • Set up savings plan for big travel the next few years - set up a savings "envelope" (in Mvelopes), put some money it, need to figure out how much more to save & make a plan
HOME
  • Finish family room projects - ugh, no
  • Dining room projects - need to call handyman to hang plate racks; have material and spray adhesive, need to measure and get wood cut for lining buffet drawers 
  • Update Jack's room - purchased desk and curtains, need to hem curtains (may be my most dreaded task in life!), need shelf and rug
  • Coat closet clean up - not started, actually forgot this was on the list!
  • Make design plan for basement renovation - met with contractor on Monday
  • Meet with architect for to develop long term plan for back of house - nope
  • Follow Home Storage Solutions 52 Weeks plan - this was a stupid idea for me. Not doing it.
  • Declutter and simplify Christmas decorations as they are put away - um, mostly. There may still be a small pile of things to be sorted & put away in the basement...
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
  • Goodreads 2016 Reading Challenge - set challenge at 60 books, finished 9 so far
  • Don't click gossip news/fishing links - not perfect, but trying
  • Pledge with Matt & kids to not text as the driver, to make all calls hands-free, and to limit in town calls to less than two minutes - I haven't been texting (except maybe a few using Siri), and I've been good about hands free calling, however I have NOT been good about limiting calls to 2 min...
  • Set morning and evening routines for myself - nope
  • Work through Gretchen Rubin's 21 Days & 21 Strategies program - nope
  • Look at meeting with a therapist or coach for some personal development help - I have a name, just need to make the call
  • Blog at least once a week - technically, yes, but not quite what I was thinking for myself
  • Use my Get to Work Book to organize projects in a Getting Things Done style - started strong, but my use has waned the last couple weeks. Will get back to it.
FAMILY
  • Update/set morning & evening routines and daily checklists for kids - nope
  • Plan 1:1 dates with each child - hmmm... I've done things 1:1 with kids, but not planned. Partial credit.
  • Read one parenting book - nope
HEALTH & WELL BEING
  • Complete 30 day green smoothie challenge starting Jan 1 - we got off to a good start, but didn't maintain it. We have, however, been making a bunch of smoothies this last month, which was kinda the point.
  • Complete another round of Go Sugar Free - in the middle of it. I've done well, I've done awful. I'm really trying to figure out what my long term sugar plan should be
  • Work back up to a 10K using 10K Runner program - nope
  • Maintain Pilates workout 1x/week - yup! ongoing 
  • Bake more homemade bread - no, but I've thought about it.
  • Research, choose, and potentially schedule executive health exams for Matt and me - done a little research
  • Restart vitamin regime - nope
  • Read Power of 10 - nope
  • Make Favorite Winter Meals list - nope
FUN & RECREATION
  • Plan spring break trip - a lot of talking, not a lot of planning
  • Plan late spring trip - ditto
  • Plan weekend trips in 2016 - ditto
  • Complete 3 quilts by spring - quilt #1 I'm working on the binding, quilt #2 is being quilted, quilt #3 material being cut - definitely on track!
  • Visit a new state  in 2016 - no plans yet...
  • Plan monthly game night - nope
  • Make a 2016 resolution hiking list - nope
  • Do hike in camping with kids in 2016 - too cold! This is a summer activitiy but I wanted it on the list so I don't forget that I want to do it!
  • Go cross country skiing - nope, I've barely been downhill skiing this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love you..... Thank goodness I can manage a low maintenance hair style for you ��