Monday, October 05, 2015

DayBook 10.5.15

Outside my window... it is overcast (can't even see the mountains!) and cool but I'm sitting outside with my tea. It finally feels like fall!

I am hearing... lots of birds in the trees and an occasional car driving by

I am feeling... a little overwhelmed still. Need to look for more space. I think that space might only be found in the early morning hours. I just have to convince myself to get up and meet it.

I am thinking... about financial goals for 2016. Is that weird that I'm already doing that?

I am thankful for... Jack's tutor. This will be our third year working with her, and I just am so grateful for all the hard work she has done with him. He is doing so amazingly well.
From the kitchen... pancakes and sausage for breakfast and chicken barley stew (one of Kate's favorites) for dinner. Not sure what we'll have the rest of the week. Maybe cheese soup, maybe French dip sandwiches with sweet potato fries. I want to try a sugar free blueberry muffin recipe.
I am wearing... running leggings, my old cable knit sweater and slippers
I am creating... a Halloween quilt. I actually started it several years ago and never finished. It will be done by then end of next weekend!!
I am going... to not go to the hospice volunteer training that I was considering. I so want to do it, but it is just not the right time. (see above about feeling a bit overwhelmed) Maybe next year if both kids are back in school. How come I feel both good and sad about that decision?
I am reading... I've been trying to be better about getting into bed early and reading. I restarted All the Light We Can Not See which is supposed to be really good, I just didn't make it very far the first attempt. I'm also listening to The French Lieutenant's Woman which has been long but good. In spare moments, I've skim read books from my Go Sugar Free class - Potatoes, Not Prozac; Fat Chance; 
I am hoping... that my lilac bushes grown madly next summer.
Around the house... the garage is going to get a good clean out over the next few weeks. And maybe the basement also. The fun part of this job is that I get to mostly just delegate. Matt is going to be around the house a lot more than usual the next 3 weeks. Thank goodness for husbands willing to do the grunt work!

In the homeschool room... plugging along, making progress. Our current read aloud is Paddle to the Sea, so we've also got some books on the great lakes, Niagara Falls, sawmills, etc. Also reading and watching DVDs about the moon after seeing the eclipse last week. Still reading some books about Shakespeare and EB White.

How I'm exercising... still doing my Master the Mile class. Knocked over a minute off my mile time after the first 4 weeks. Pretty proud of myself. 4 weeks to go. Then I am going to start an Advanced Pilates class. Nervous and excited about that.
One of my favorite things... fog

A few plans for the next week: not much scheduled for this week. That's good.

No comments: