Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Recipe: Shallot Chive Salt

I don't think I've shared a recipe in YEARS! Doing this Go Sugar Free class (will eventually blog about it) has me re-evaluating my recipe collection. Last week the class focused on spices and herbs which inspired me to share my shallot-chive salt recipe.

I gave a small collection of homemade salts as Christmas presents a few years ago. This was by far the best of the bunch, and I have made it over and over. I know who has actually tried it because they ask for more and more and more! I usually double or triple the recipe so I have plenty to share.

It scrumptious on eggs and avocado and sautéed cherry tomatoes. I love it on roasted sweet potatoes and hash browns. I throw it on just about everything!

Shallot-Chive Salt
1 1/2 cups dried shallot
3/4 cup dried chives
3 cups kosher salt

Coarsely chop shallot and chives in food processor. Mix into salt. Store in a cool, dry place. I use a big canning jar to store the bulk and keep a smaller amount above the stove.

No comments: