I'm also take the Project Based Homeschool Master Class. Looking forward to incorporating those ideas into our homeschool days.
- MathUSee - currently working through a review of Delta and will start back with lessons in the next week or so
- Math facts review - games, apps, Times Tales DVD, etc.
- Rod & Staff - English 5 - Disappointed that First Language Lessons ended at 4. This came highly recommended as a continuation. A little more religious based than I had realized, but we are making it work. Already on Lesson 7.
- Tutoring (Jack) - 3x/week
- SpellingUSee - Wild Tales 1-2 lessons/week - this has been a great program for Jack
- Excellence in Writing - Student Writing Intensive - Level A - wasn't sure what to do with writing this year, but so far this has been fabulous.
- Lego Build to Express & Lego Story Starter - we are all excited to start this!
- Comprehension/Vocabulary/Book Reports - EdHelper questions/worksheets/vocab as applicable to reading plus book reports
- Independent Reading - planning to do a daily combo of novel reading on the Kindle and a variety of library books (fiction, nonfiction, etc). Jack is currently reading the first book in the Warriors series plus library books related to our subject studies or a book to satisfy our reading program (yes, it is a summer reading program, but we are using it for the school year)
- Read Aloud - I've always read aloud to the kids, but listening to the relatively new podcast Read Aloud Revival, I am newly inspired. I've finished Stuart Little with both kids, and with Jack I'm reading Trumpet of the White Swan
- Story of the World - audiobook - Jack listened to this all summer, so I'm not sure where we are. Will figure that out soon.
- Shakespeare study - using How to Teach Your Kids Shakespeare, Usborne Illustrated Stories form Shakespeare, library books, Netflix & Amazon movies - progressing as we feel like it
- EB White biographies - to go along with his books
- Swans - to go along with Trumpet of the White Swan
- Lego Simple & Motorized Mechanisms
- Science Packets
- Human Body/Emotions
- Speech therapy (Jack) - 2x/week
- CNN Student News - starting Aug 17th
- Keyboarding Without Tears - not yet started
- Homeschool Enrichment Program - weekly
- Minecraft Homeschool - starts later in the month
- Swim Team 4-5x/week