I read a lot. I recorded 76 books finished on Goodreads (and I'm pretty sure I missed a few!). Plus the numerous unfinished ones. Part of why I can get so many read is that I include all books - audiobooks, novels, nonfiction, read along kids' books, homeschool books, etc. in my list. We read a lot for homeschool, but you can also finish a lot of audiobooks while folding laundry and chopping veggies!
I'm again setting my yearly Goodreads goal at 60 books, but this year I'd like to be a bit more intentional about what I read. Usually I finish one bit of fiction and just pick up something else or start the most recent recommendation. And I am horribly distractible with nonfiction. I get midway through a book, find something else interesting, and rarely seem to actually finish a nonfiction book.
So I've put some thought into what I'd like to read the next few months. Here's my reading plan for winter...
(Edited: so at 60 books per year, I should be reading about 15 books a season. I just listed at least 30 for winter alone!! But I'm leaving the list as is to see where I make the most progress...)
Audiobooks - chosen by the fact that they are unread on my Audible account
- Off to Be the Wizard (I've already started... it's... different...)
- Peace From Broken Pieces
- Provenance by Laney Salisbury and Aly Sujo
- Accidentally on Purpose
- Rapt by Winifred Gallagher
- The Aviator's Wife
- The Introvert Advantage
Nonfiction - some of these are to fulfill my winter goals, the others I'd tried to ensure a variety of topics
- Coaching With the Brain in Mind (this is a long one!)
- Deconstructing Penguins (I started this long ago, so I need to skim the first half then finish)
- 10 Minute Toughness (not specifically about tennis, but counting it as my fitness book)
- How to Hug a Porcupine (parenting book)
- Daughters of Eve (spiritual book)
- Silver Spoon Kids (financial book)
- Return to Life Through Contrology (fitness book about Pilates)
- 1000+ Little Things Happy Successful People Do Differently
Fiction/Novels - I'm having a tough time being intentional with fiction but here goes!
- The Book Thief (I started this over a year ago and never finished!)
- Orphan Train (my mom gave me her copy and I keep meaning to read it but don't)
- Boys in the Boat (not fiction, but still more of a "story" so it goes on this list)
Kids - books the kids are reading that I want to read also
- Out of My Mind
- The Phantom Tollbooth (can you believe I've never read this?!?)
- Feeding Malachi
- The Menagerie
- Time for Andrew
- The City of Ember
- Esperanza Rising
- Spirit Animals books 1-?
- Ruby Holler