Monday, January 05, 2015

DayBook 1.5.15

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... mountains were so pink with the sunrise this morning! Still a decent amount of snow on the ground, but most of it should melt today. It's supposed to be beautiful!

I am hearing... Jack talking to Matt on the phone, Nina eating breakfast, and Tripper just being noisy as he roots around

I am feeling... ready to take on life! Even though last week was Jan 1st, the first Monday of January always feels a little more like the first day of the year to me.

I am thinking... that today is kinda a cool date... 1-5-15
I am thankful for... that Nina seems to like Tripper more and more each day
From the kitchen... after much cooking through the holidays, I haven't made many plans for this week. Split pea soup with Christmas ham bone (with sweet potato drop biscuits?), steak with grilled onions and peppers, spaghetti squash, a pork loin. Maybe.
I am wearing... PJs and my Christmas robe
I am creating...  a little present that I'd like to get done today, although today already needs a few extra hours
I am going... to Pilates today. I haven't been for 2 weeks! I think I will also take the kids and the dogs on a short run this afternoon.
I am reading... How To Hug a Porcupine, Out of My Mind, and Off to Be the Wizard
I am hoping... that the school decision for Kate comes easily and quickly

Around the house... the Christmas decorations are put away, but I put up/left up some that I think are still appropriate for winter. It just makes the house so warm.

In the homeschool room... back at it today. No plan yet. In denial.

How I'm exercising... I ran last night & hope to get a few more runs in this week, I have Pilates scheduled twice this week, some tennis and maybe some skiing
Something that irks me... dark mornings
One of my favorite things... sunny, warmish days in the middle of winter

A few plans for the next week: I think we have a pretty normal week planned. Nothing but our routine activities. Kids have their first session of ski school, but starting this week, that's a routine activity. I'm still debating a Denver field trip but leaning towards just being home.

Here is a picture I am sharing:

No comments: