Monday, October 20, 2014

DayBook 10.20.14

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... sunny! I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that the only time I've been outside yet today is to take out the trash.

I am hearing... a nail gun. Someone's getting a new roof.

I am feeling... eh. Not 100% today.

I am thinking... about everything I need to get done and how I really just want to take a nap. I woke up at 5:30am this morning.
I am thankful for... my freezer
From the kitchen... oh boy! Have I been busy in the kitchen! About once every 4-6 weeks, I have a day where I feel the need to cook and cook and cook (and then I don't feel like cooking again until the next manic cooking spell). Yesterday was that day, and the aftermath of finishing up and cleaning up are still lingering today. Yesterday I marinated and froze 4 flank steaks, made a veggie dip for a dinner I went to last night, roasted and pulled the meat from 2 chickens, made a batch of chewy chocolate Halloween cookies, cooked beans/chopped onions/peeled & chopped potatoes for a double batch of black bean and sweet potato chili for the freezer, chopped potatoes for cheese soup and chicken pot pie filling, made refrigerator dough for thyme rolls, and made 2 batches of pie crust dough. Today I have the sweet potato and black bean chili simmering on the stove, chicken broth in the crockpot, and I need to do a grocery run so I can finish up the pot pie filling. Hopefully I'll have those assembled and frozen today. But I have NO IDEA what we'll have for dinner tonight! :)
I am wearing... must I admit that I am still in my flannel PJ bottoms at almost 1pm?
I am creating... huge messes but at least we will have something to eat the next month or so
I am going... to get a puppy soon!!!!
I am reading... I have so many books going that I'm not even sure what I'm reading! About midway through The Absolutist - I think it is going to be good. I'm also about halfway through the last book in the Fifty Shades trilogy. I'll finish just to finish. I've also opened multiple nonfiction books.
I am hoping... to win the lottery. Not the mega jackpot. Just a *small* million dollar jackpot. I just really would like a spare million right about now (this is going to be difficult since I don't buy lottery tickets)

Around the house... well, the kitchen is a disaster. I've pulled out a few Halloween decorations, but we need to get them all out. I think we'll do that today.

In the homeschool room... Jack isn't feeling great today. At first I thought he was faking it, but he's pretty blah about doing even the subjects he enjoys. I'm letting them watch a little educational TV and calling it homeschool today.

How I'm exercising... I'm not. I'll play a little tennis this week. I did a hike/run with a friend over the weekend. I think I'll try to get out for an easy run this afternoon.
Something that irks me... social climbing.
One of my favorite things... cumin!

A few plans for the next week: normal stuff mostly. I do have a massage scheduled. That can't come soon enough!

Here is a picture I am sharing: Deer in the backyard. I've often found the evidence, but this may be the first time I've seen an actual deer back there. This is neighborhood deer with some kind of palsy. Her tongue is always sticking out funny.

No comments: