- KhanAcademy - watch multiplication/division videos & work on some problems as review - Kids doing great with this!
- Calculadder - Jack is now on Level 4, Kate on Level 8 - we did this almost every day, and now the kids can time themselves.
- Life of Fred - Matt is going to start with the 2nd reading of Edgewood, then we'll start Farming Didn't even start. I think we'll start on our camping trip.
- Scribblers online writing class (Kate) - done
- Tutoring (Jack) - done
- Increasing Fluency (Jack) - one lesson/week - didn't start
- First Language Lessons Level 3 - letter writing lessons - didn't do it, debating whether we should just skip it
- AlphaBetter drills - 2-3x/week - kids did great! Both now on Level 3 and can time themselves
- Using Picture Books to Teach Writing With Traits - didn't complete the entire first chapter, but we made good progress
- Reading - kids have done amazing with reading - I think the Kindles really help. Kate finished The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls, Flipped, Spirit Animals #1, Guardians of Ga'Hoole - The Capture, and has started Spirit Animals #2 Hunted. Jack read three Magic Tree House books and is halfway through another. That's in just 2 weeks! Kids are also doing short book reports with each book.
- Gratitude Journal - we really like our new system, just not consistent with it yet.
- Story of the World Vol I - only made it through ch 20 but did a lot of extra reading with it
- The Old Testament - Bible beginnings in The Illustrated Jewish Bible for Children plus additional reading and videos
- EHM's Storybook Artists - Quentin Blake - didn't start
- Where the Red Fern Grows audiobook - finished plus did a literary review and watched the movie
- Rascal audiobook - almost done
- Summer of the Monkeys RA for Jack & Matt -haven't started
- Listen to Wind in the Willows audiobook (Kate, maybe a 2nd listen for Jack) - EdHelper questions & vocabulary - nope - will put this off as there are others we would like to do first
- Listen to The Capture audiobook (Jack) - done
- Physics - finish What's Physics All About? book, work through experiments in physics workbook - did several experiments
- Animals - quick study on raccoons (related to Where the Red Fern Grows) - done with books, DVDs, etc.
- Speech therapy (Jack) - done
- Piano - discuss options
- Keyboarding Without Tears - Level 3 - going great!
- Cursive Without Tears (Jack) - a few pages until the workbook was *misplaced* Found it today!
- Latin (Kate) - on lesson 4 - Kate seems to enjoy this
- Secret Millionaires Club videos - finished all lessons
- GCF Technology Videos finished all lessons
- Field Trips - Florrissant Fossil Beds NM, Ghost Town, State Fair, USA Pro Challenge, SkySox game - did these!