Monday, August 25, 2014

DayBook 8.25.14

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... beautiful day! This morning as I rode bikes with Jack to his tutor, I  could smell the first bit of fall coming.

I am hearing... the kids working on keyboarding.

I am feeling... pretty good. Motivated for this week. Excited for Labor Day weekend and upcoming travels.

I am thinking... about far away friends.
I am thankful for... the mountains. Some days I still have to pinch myself that I see mountains every. single. day.
From the kitchen... made a ham in the crockpot the other day. We had it last night with honey-mustard, broccolini and sage drop biscuits (oh my goodness, those were good!). Going to use the ham the rest of the week in pesto cream pasta and soup.  I made myself peach brown rice pudding for breakfast, but no one else likes it...
I am wearing... jeans that were too long, so I cut them off at the ankle. Loving them right now. A grey striped tee and my Patagonia better sweater jacket.
I am creating... mostly messes wherever I go.
I am going... to make a lot of phone calls today. Lots of things to schedule. Blah.
I am reading... reading Flipped on Kate's Kindle. It's my first ebook. So far, so good (both the book and using the Kindle). Also fully reading The Hormone Cure. I've perused it in the past, but now I'm reading it cover to cover.
I am hoping... the kids get back on an early bedtime routine soon.

Around the house... I rearranged. Again. This time I made more of a sitting area next to our breakfast nook. Really happy with the change.

In the homeschool room... getting back in the groove. Kids are becoming more and more independent with their work, which is really nice for me. Still mostly having fun and testing out some new-to-us management systems this week.

How I'm exercising... in limbo. Doing a little bit of everything and some days a lot of nothing. Gotta figure out my fall routine.
Something that irks me... email. Egads, I get so far behind.
One of my favorite things... warm, soft pudding dishes. I'd do just fine with no teeth! :)

A few plans for the next week: tennis party, state fair, zoo, back-to-school night for homeschool program, massage, Florissant Fossil Beds, and Labor Day weekend!

Here is a picture I am sharing: nada

No comments: