Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Books Before Movies Update

Back in January I posted a list of books I'd like to read before seeing the movies. Half done and just updating on my progress...
  1. Labor Day
  2. The Monuments Men
  3. Winter's Tale (February-March read... and still going... just over half done... its SO wordy!! I sorta want to quit, but I sorta really want to finish also)
  4. Vampire Academy (I don't know if I'm actually going to read this one...)
  5. A Long Way Down
  6. Divergent (previously read)
  7. The Fault in Our Stars (February read. One of my favorite reads in awhile.* So good that I had to get & read the author's other well known book Looking for Alaska)
  8. The Hundred Foot Journey
  9. The Giver (February read. Not what I was expecting)
  10. Dark Places
  11. This Is Where I Leave You (February read. So funny. Can't wait to see the movie!)
  12. The Maze Runner (read in January - and then had to finish the whole series!)
  13. Gone Girl (previously read)
  14. Unbroken (previously read)
  15. Wild (previously read)
  16. Serena
*How great is this line?! "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.” 

1 comment:

PopMom said...

Thank you! About to go on vaca and needed some suggestions :)