Saturday, February 01, 2014

January Resolutions Update

Can't believe it is already Feb 1! Here's how I did on my January resolutions...

Home - Kate's Room - pretty much finished! We are waiting on a few prints I've ordered from Etsy plus I want to buy a couple more frames on my next trip to IKEA. I didn't get around to painting the trim. Just lost my painting oomph. Also need to hang 2 shelves over her bed, but we have to have the handyman do that since we have these crazy old plaster walls. I'll post some photos soon.

Photos - this was a complete disaster. Didn't work on it once... gotta plan something better for February

Creative - Kate's Mermaid Quilt - it is completely quilted, just have 2 more sides of binding to finish hand stitching. I usually don't sit down *just* to hand stitch, so I'll need to watch a movie soon! Will certainly be complete for her birthday later this month. I'll post photos after I give it to her.

Finance - No Amazon - much to my surprise, this was an eye-opening experience for me. I'll write more about it later. I did really well. No Amazon (well, I did have an automatic shipment that came). But I did place an order this morning...

Health/Fitness - Yoga - I was sorta feeling like this was a failure, but when I really thought about it, most weeks I fit in 2-3 yoga sessions (even if just for 15 min!). So much more than I've done previously, so I'm trying not to be hard on myself. I'd be thrilled if I could continue yoga 2-3x/week.

Mind/Spirit - Meditation - I had good weeks and bad weeks of practicing regularly, but like the yoga, I certainly meditated more than normal. I like getting back into the habit.

I'm thrilled with what I accomplished on Kate's room and my quilt (no the photos... boo!). The finance resolution gave me a lot to ponder regarding my purchasing habits, and I'm going to try to keep up my semi-formed habits of yoga and meditation going forward into the year.

February resolutions coming soon!

No comments: