Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February Resolutions

So it is more than halfway through February, but I never wrote about my February resolutions. I did make them, but I'm not doing very well at fulfilling them... not sure what I've done this month...

Home - "New" dining room/living room - I picked an easy room (actually 2!) for this month, because I knew we'd be busy. These just mostly need a little sprucing up. Hang artwork (tired of the leaning-against-the-wall-look), reframe a painting (frame broke when it fell off the wall but that's ok because I never really liked the frame anyway), hang sconces over buffet (done!), replace electric outlets (delegated to Matt), clean out under buffet, fix torn throw pillows, make holiday buntings for fireplace, re-decorate mantle, think about what I want in a few empty spots. That's all I can think of right now. Not much has actually gotten accomplished in there yet.

Photos - February - this whole resolution is going very poorly...

Creative - Make a quilt for Jack. I've made some progress, but I can tell it won't be finished by the end of this month.

Finance - Never got around to making a dual commitment with Nona, so I went with an individual one to make reviewing our family budget (I use Mvelopes) a more frequent occurrence. In the past I've just reviewed it monthly (or less!), and I'm trying to make a habit of looking at it at least weekly. Keeps me a little more motivated. I'm doing really well with this, although that fallen tree put a dent in my savings plan for February...

Health/Fitness - I was so wishy washy about what I wanted to practice for February. I sorta wanted to do a daily ab practice but decided to switch it to just getting into the weight room a few times a week. I've been good at that! And mostly doing ab work... I'll add more as the year goes...

Mind/Spirit - I'm taking a weekly energy class for my resolution this month. Love it, although I've missed the last couple "live" classes, I've been good about doing my homework. Back at it this week.

No comments: