Friday, February 14, 2014

DayBook 2.14.14

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... so much snow in the mountains!! And icicles like you've never seen. Layers of them coming off the roof. At least 5 layers deep! I tried to take a photo, but it doesn't capture it. The sun is shining, and I feel a bit guilt that I'm sitting inside.
I am thinking... that I need to reschedule some tennis matches soon.
I am thankful for... the internet. How would I waste so much time without it?!?
From the kitchen... have some high protein banana muffins just out of the oven, making chicken gyros for dinner (my kids will eat anything in a pita!) and chili ready for tomorrow night if we want it.  I also bought some pretzel rolls from Costco (a treat that I don't get often!) to make roast beef sandwiches or corn beef sandwiches. Yum! I think I'll make a black eyed pea salad as a side. Suddenly feeling motivated to get in the kitchen...
I am wearing... my trusty JCrew Pixie pants, a slouchy sweater and my slippers.
I am creating... going to finish the binding on Kate's quilt this weekend.  Also working on the binding for a quilted Valentine's Day table runner that I made a couple years ago but never finished.
I am going... to go to the movies tonight. All these amazing romantic movies coming out today - Endless Love, Winter's Tale, etc. - and for Valentine's Day, I'm going to... The Lego Movie. Matt is working so I'm taking the kids out. Guess I'll catch the romance on Netflix...
I am reading... since the last time I wrote a DayBook, I finished The Fault in Our Stars (love!) and This Is Where I Leave You (good - so funny and irreverent - so much sex - but not romance novel sex - funny sex - and an overuse of the word "a$$" - but good!). Also finished Prince Caspian with the kids and now onto The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. My current personal reads are Sex at Dawn (nonfiction, pretty interesting) and Notes From a Blue Bike.

I am hoping... for a fun week.

I am hearing... the fireplace and the walls creaking under snow.

Around the house... I should clean out a drawer or a closet or something up here in our mountain place. "Stuff" just tends to collect.

One of my favorite things... eating fresh snow! (I shouldn't admit to that, should I?)

A few plans for the rest of the week: friends in town, hopefully a few runs (on the treadmill), some skiing (maybe cross country? but I sorta need a buddy), haircut, and I really need a pedicure!

Here is a picture I am sharing: See? I tried to take a photo, but it is ten thousand times better in real life...

No comments: