Tuesday, February 04, 2014

DayBook 2.4.14

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...Snowing!

I am thinking... about how happy I feel right now.
I am thankful for... tummy bugs that only last 24 hours
From the kitchen... seems like I cooked enough last week that it should last into this week!  We have leftover sloppy Joes and sweet potato fries from this weekend. Made a triple batch of crepes yesterday morning. Want to make sweet potato soup (meant to do that last week), Chex mix and banana muffins for the freezer. I only need to make 2 dinners this week. Thinking southwestern risotto and baked potatoes.
I am wearing... yoga pants and a few layers on top. I'm cold!
I am creating... a quilt for Jack. After changing my mind multiple times, I've finally decided on a pattern. Got a good start on piecing it. Trying to do at least 5-10 minutes everyday.
I am going... to put my kids to bed early tonight.
I am reading... just finished The Kill Order (the prequel to the Maze Runner series) yesterday. Starting The Fault in Our Stars today. I don't really know the story, but I'm pretty sure I'll cry. **edited to add that I just watched the preview for the movie, and I cried! During the trailer!**
I am hoping... that the laundry fairy visits me and finishes the piles for me.


I am hearing... the hum of the fridge and the tick of the kitchen clock. So quiet!


Around the house... I think I'll send Matt out to buy paint for our family room (aka the old dining room). Maybe I'll even start painting this week!


One of my favorite things... working dishwashers! Ours quit yesterday, and I'm already tired of washing dishes by hand!


A few plans for the rest of the week: mostly normal stuff, but I am going to sneak away for a night alone!

Here is a picture I am sharing: Kate and her "trophy" from the swim meet this weekend

No comments: