Friday, January 03, 2014

Word for 2014

Just like last year, I wasn't going to pick a word or phrase for the year. And just like last year, I ran into something at the last minute that I decided I wanted to use. And probably like last year, I'll forget by the end of the year what my word is.

But that's okay. I'm going to do it anyway.

So my word for 2014 is PATIENCE.

While I certainly hope this idea will help me when dealing with frustrating kids or waiting in a long line at the grocery store, I'm not thinking of that kind of patience. I mean full life patience. The not trying to rush or force the next thing. Allowing life to unfold at its own pace. The letting go and trusting that life is happening as it should kind of patience.

"Patience means knowing it will happen... and giving it time to happen." - Susan Jeffers

No comments: