Wednesday, January 01, 2014

DayBook 1.1.14

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it's still dark but there is enough light that I can see snow falling! I think I'll ski today.

I am thinking... about 2014. I'm excited for it. I have a gut feeling that there will be a lot of change in 2014, and I'm excited to see what life offers and what paths we choose.
I am thankful for... all the choices I have.
From the kitchen... our New Year's Eve feast had meatballs, spinach balls, cheese fondue and chocolate fondue. Today I'm making a ham, popovers, roasted green beans, and maybe black eyed peas (I really want them, but it will involve a trip to the store, so we'll see...).
I am wearing... a retro ski t-shirt and comfy athletic pants. And slippers.
I am creating... ideas!
I am going... to be active today. A little yoga, some skiing and maybe even a trip to the gym.
I am reading... Feel the Fear... and Do It Anyway. Really liking this one. Also started In Wisdom's Path this morning. This is from my friend Nona. I am going to read bits and pieces throughout the year. Also The Book Thief, but not quickly. I need a long airplane ride for some quiet, reading time...
I am hoping... that no one else gets sick this week.

I am hearing... the fireplace crackling, the humidifier dripping, and the walls creaking with the weight of new snow.

Around the (mountain) house... Matt put up a "new" dining room fixture that used to hang in our dining room at home. It's one of those mason jar fixtures that have become so popular, but I still like it. Also want to clean out some of the toys up here. Still have lots of baby/toddler toys that can go to a new home.

One of my favorite things... waking up to fresh snow

A few plans for the rest of the week: ski, IKEA trip, maybe some tennis this weekend

Here is a picture I am sharing: Christmas morning

No comments: