Monday, December 23, 2013

Mixed Feelings


  • We are home from Hawaii after a full 2 weeks. I didn't want to leave, yet it is nice to be home. 
  • I slept for 12 hours last night! I needed it after over 15 hours of overnight travel and very little sleep, but I really was hoping to wake up early and go to the grocery store.
  • Then I woke up to snow. Definitely have mixed feelings about that fact.
  • I absolutely ignored "real life" while I was gone. (Look at that?!? Almost 300 unread emails - and that's just the unread ones!)
    If you emailed me or called me while I was gone, I probably haven't seen it yet. I feel bad about that. Sort of. Okay, not really. If it was important, email me back. Or text me. Or maybe just knock on my front door...
  • Our Christmas celebration is a bit condensed this year. No advent wreath! No advent calendar! No decorations up! And no advent wreath... no advent calendar... no decorations up (yet)... blah...
  • Excited to be spending Christmas Eve with one set of friends and Christmas Day with another. I don't have to cook! But I'm sad that won't be doing many of our feasting traditions this year.  Plus I'm feeling a bit more introverted than usual. Hope I'm at least decent company.
  • Going for a run today after almost 3 weeks of nothing.

No comments: