Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Patchwork Picnic Quilt

I've always wanted a big, patchwork quilt for picnics. Now I have one. And better yet, it is one that I made myself.



Patchwork Picnic Quilt

I started cutting this patchwork quilt almost 2 years ago with scraps from the quilt I made for my mom (that I gave to her for Christmas and still haven't blogged! I forgot to take photos. I'll take some the end of this week when I'm in Texas).



Quilting...
I gave up on perfect flowers after the 3rd or 4th one!

I finished the top long ago. The dogwood flower quilting took me some time, especially on such a big quilt (it's just shy of 75" square). Even then, I think the quilting has been done for at least 6 months!



Back

But the real hold up? The binding! I just don't hold still long enough to get bindings sewn on. Finally finished it up on the drive to take Kate to camp.



You can see the quilting better on the back

Now we just need to order up some picnic weather! Although it is difficult to complain about all the rain we've been having, I'd like a dinner picnic soon. And an outdoor photo of the quilt.

No comments: