Monday, August 12, 2013

DayBook 8.12.13


Outside my window... it is a lovely, cool morning. Clear skies. The peaks have gotten some snow the last couple days, but it has melted already.

I am thinking... about Kate.  She is at camp, and I can't help but wonder what she is doing and how she is doing. Did she get enough sleep last night? Does she like the food? Is she having fun?

I am thankful for... child free days! Not only is Kate at camp, but Jack is at Grandma camp in Texas.

From the kitchen... going to clean out the fridge with everyone gone and eat simply. Had my favorite avocado and fried egg sandwich for breakfast. Yum.


I am wearing...
 my lightweight, wool travel pants with an old sweater. I needed something easy and comfortable to throw on this morning.


I am creating... 
finished the binding on my big picnic quilt. Finally. I think I've been working on that darn thing for almost 2 years!

I am going... to feed the chickens and then get in bed for an early nap. I was up at 4-something this morning to take my friend Nona's dog to the airport for her long trek to Hawaii.


I am reading... so much I can't keep it all straight. Just finished The Girl of Fire and Thorns this morning. Not sure what is next.

I am hoping... to enjoy both productive and non productive time the next few days.

I am hearing...
 nothing really. Had to listen really closely to catch the clock ticking and a few birds chirping outside.

Around the house... decluttering (again!) the kids' rooms while they are gone. How does that junk pile up so fast?!? Both kids have gone up a size this summer, so I'm really going to do some damage in the closets.

One of my favorite things... crushed ice.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
 tennis match tonight, camp pick up for Kate, fly to Dallas to retrieve Jack, let my mom take care of me until Sunday!

Here is a picture I am sharing: blah... I can't get my photo stream to pull up and I'm too tired to deal with it!

No comments: