Wednesday, July 03, 2013

DayBook 7.3.13

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... sunny, warm but clouds are building over the mountains. Maybe we'll get an afternoon storm?

I am thinking... that life is pretty good. I'm feeling really happy this week.

I am thankful for... tolerant pets.

From the kitchen... at this moment I'm munching on apple slices, my favorite PB, and biscuits with my tea. Will probably do something easy for dinner like quesadillas and guacamole. I've been prepping all day for tomorrow... chicken in the crockpot for BBQ chicken sandwiches, black bean & corn salad, cut veggies, snow cone syrup...

I am wearing... a flowered skirt that used to be a dress. It was too short as a dress, so I never wore it. I really liked the print, so I cut it off and made it a skirt. Wearing it with a brown and pink striped tee. Polka dot Sanuks on my feet. Love 'em.

I am creating... messes. Just making messes out of everything!


I am going... to have a productive weekend.


I am reading... probably best to check my Goodreads page... I can't even remember what all I'm reading. Currently going back and forth between Matched on audible and The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. Haven't been much in a nonfiction mood this week. Will get back to it soon.


I am hoping... for the impossible

I am hearing...
birds chirping outside, the dryer turning intermittently, the dishwasher running, and Jack and my nephew Sonny talking about Minecraft.


Around the house... we are bursting at the seams with people staying in our house right now. All that is getting accomplished is of the "keep-it-together" sorts. But I'm not complaining! I love having everyone here.

One of my favorite things... afternoon naps while it rains

A few plans for the rest of the week:
 not much of a week left! Friends and family for the 4th (but no fireworks!), an early morning run with my running partner, a tennis clinic, swim meet for Kate. And I really want to get a massage.


Here is a picture I am sharing: Jack luring Anabelle with lettuce

No comments: