Monday, July 22, 2013

DayBook 7.22.13


Outside my window... looks lovely. I have the back door wide open. Can hear the birds chirping, and a chicken must have just laid an egg and is now clucking away.

I am thinking... about painting my whole house white!

I am thankful for... quiet days.

From the kitchen... after eating our way through Austin all last week, I'm not eating nor cooking again until August!

I am wearing... cutoffs, white tee (that I slept in last night!) and my recovery sandals (like foot heaven!)

I am creating...I have GOT to get into my sewing room sometime soon. I'm actually going to do a quilt-a-long class thing to help motivate me (although it really isn't a motivation problem, it's more of a making time problem). I might also ask Matt for a mountain weekend alone with my sewing machine soon

I am going... to enjoy this week. It is one of only a few weeks this summer that we don't have much going on.


I am reading... I waaay overestimated how much reading I would get done while we were in Texas. I'm close to being done with Reached and The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. Then I am going back to the pile of books that I've started but not finished. Mostly because I'm tired of having them hanging around on my bedside table!

I am hoping... to get to Nordstrom on my own for their anniversary sale. Doubtful, but a girl can hope, right?

I am hearing...
 another chicken squawking about her newly laid egg.

Around the house... travel laundry, deck is being painted (not by me), still working on guest room (ceiling now being painted by me!), general clean up. 

One of my favorite things... my college friends. Got to see one of my favorites in Austin.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
 oh goodness, I just want to be lazy all week... a few tennis matches, movie making class for Jack, vision therapy for Jack, hopefully some pool time.

Here is a picture I am sharing: lookin' great, Kate! And a moment later she did a face plant...

No comments: