Friday, July 12, 2013

DayBook 7.12.13

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... I'm outside writing on the back porch of our mountain place. The air is cool and clean, the trees seem so green, and the wild grasses are spotted with wild flowers. Sometimes it can seem like such a hassle to get here, but - oh, my! once I am here, I feel so good. Then I wonder why I don't spend more time here. 

I am thinking... about how full my life is right now. And I write that with both a positive and a negative connotation. Summer has been so full of family and friends, and I love that. Wouldn't change that. But that fullness has left me wanting for space to think and and just be.

I am thankful for... the homeschooling time I've had with my kids. While we are committed homeschooling to this coming year, Kate has been talking about going back for 5th grade. I have mixed feelings, but I'm trying to focus on what a fun time it has been.

From the kitchen... nothing fancy. Kinda addicted to fruit and yogurt right now.

I am wearing... old, old fuzzy Prana yoga pants, a long underwear top (seems I didn't leave any clothes up here last visit) and my thick, red, mountain cardigan (it's a bit chilly in the mornings here)

I am creating... I think I'm going to start a new crochet project on our next travel trip coming up soon. Something to keep my hands busy while we fly and drive and chat.

I am going... to try to squeeze in a run today even though I don't really feel like it.
I am reading... not a lot of reading going on lately. I'm close to finishing Reached (#3 in the Matched trilogy). Then I think I'll move on to something more cerebral. I've had my fill of angsty young adult novels this year.

I am hoping... that my tennis team wins playoffs tomorrow. We came in first in our league and need to win this next match to go to the district playoffs in Denver. That would be so much fun, so wish us luck!

I am hearing...
 the creek water rush, a little bird at the top of a tree... pretty nice.


Around the house... I've been focusing on our guest room. Would really like to see it mostly done by the end of the summer. I feel like I never actually *finish* any rooms in our house.

One of my favorite things... unexpected texts from friends that make me smile

A few plans for the rest of the week:
 since it is already the end of the week... we head home Saturday so I can play tennis. Next week will be full of family and friends again.

Here is a picture I am sharing: Playing dress up

No comments: