Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Packing

Last week we took a long weekend and took the kids to Legoland in California. Stayed at the just opened Legoland Hotel. We made plans for the trip just a month before we actually went, and we didn't tell the kids about the trip until a week before we left. Jack immediately set about to packing on his own. I always find it a study in what is important to my children when they pack for themselves. This is what I found when I helped him repack...

Flip flops, Jackalope stuffed animal, travel blanket and pillow, 2 favorite Lego themed t-shirts (I'm really not a fan of branded t-shirts, but he loves them!), 2 pairs of shorts (one of them ratty cutoffs), a pair of corduroy pants, pair of swim shorts, 4 books (2 of them Lego themed), 2 pairs of socks (one pair filthy dirty!), 2 pairs of underwear (for a 4 day trip! and one pair was, yes, Lego themed underwear...), camera, wallet, a pedometer (??), and an applesauce for a plane snack.

Honestly, he did a pretty good job, and I just made some minor adjustments (like more underwear and clean socks!). And he was fairly ticked at me on the airplane when he discovered I had unpacked the travel blanket and pillow...

No comments: