Monday, May 13, 2013

Daybook 5.13.13

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... is an absolutely gorgeous morning! Perfect running weather. Feels so good to have 5 miles done by 7am.

I am thinking... that life is about to start moving at the speed of light around here. We have a busy schedule for the rest of 2013 (not to mention 2014!). I hope I've built in enough space and downtime.
I am thankful for... all the opportunities that are filling our schedule and our life.
From the kitchen... avocado and egg on toast this morning, kettle is on the stove for a new loose leaf chai, planning kale salad (for me!) for lunch and cheese soup for dinner. Haven't gotten any further than that yet.
I am wearing... running shorts, long sleeve running shirt, Smartwool socks.
I am creating... piles and piles of dirty laundry lately. Too many sweaty activities.
I am going... crazy!! :)
I am reading... not as much time for reading the last week. Still on  Harsh Cry of the Heron and Let's Pretend This Never Happened (didn't finish for book club... oops!) And Mind Gym. Didn't even pick it up the last week.
I am hoping... for nice, sunny, non-windy weather this week.

I am hearing... the milk frother spinning.

Around the house... I feel like it is 2 steps forward, 3 steps back around here lately. I need some time alone in the house to get stuff done.

One of my favorite things... quiet mornings.

A few plans for the rest of the week: USTA singles match for me, homeschool field day for the kids, eye doctor for Jack, running clinic in Denver for me, going away party for friends, lacrosse tournament this weekend for Jack

Here is a picture I am sharing: Jack (blue #26) chatting it up with the opponent. I could tell both boys were busy talking and not paying attention to the game. Ends up they had a long conversation about Minecraft. Jack may not be the best at lacrosse, but he's great at making friends! A more important life skill, no?
And look at those mountains! Sometimes I still have to pinch myself that I get to see those gorgeous mountains every day!!

No comments: