Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Glitch Week

A month or so ago I was talking to a friend of mine (Hi, Jen!) about how certain blogs can sometimes make people/women/moms feel inadequate. It is a common theme heard often about blogs, Pinterest, Facebook, etc. I think I have a pretty good attitude about what I see on the internet. I definitely use the internet for inspiration and motivation, not for comparison. Not to say that I've never felt less than great when reading blogs or browsing Pinterest. I'm just pretty aware that what we see is not the whole story. I know it isn't the whole story on my blog! There is so much I don't blog. Funny thing is that I have occasionally seen similar references about my blog and my standards. That always cracks me up, because I didn't even know I had standards! In real life, I think I can sometimes be a little self-deprecating. I've even actually blogged about disasters (I know there are other examples, but I'm too tired to search the archives). I guess I normally am a pretty positive, happy and optimistic person, and that's how I like to write.

Anyway, in the spirit of making everyone feel good about themselves, I'm going devote the next week or so to blogging a lot of the glitches that happen in my life. And there are plenty. Enough for everyone to realize how horribly imperfect my life is. But sorta funny. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: