Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Daybook 4.30.13

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... outside my window? I'm outside my window right now. Enjoying a little morning sunshine with my chai before heading off to tennis (I have 4.5 hours of tennis scheduled for today! Who wants to give me a leg massage tonight?!?). Hard to believe it was snowing this time last week.
I am thinking... a lot about the motivational speech we heard from Janet Evans over the weekend. What I heard and probably needed to hear was the idea of sacrificing instant gratification for future reward. Also that champions need to know how to lose as well as they know how to win. And drink lots of water.
I am thankful for... sunglasses. I never wore sunglasses until we moved to Colorado. Now I rarely am without them.
From the kitchen... This week is devoted to cleaning out the fridge. I cooked a bunch over the weekend, so we have lots of leftovers - couscous salad, egg salad, spaghetti, etc. Also need to use up a bunch of veggies and fruit. This morning I had toast spread with avocado, topped with a fried egg (from my chickens - still love that!), and sprinkled with my shallot chive salt. Yum. (Idea a la my friend Nona)
I am wearing... a tennis skirt. I should just sleep in tennis skirts.
I am creating... nada.
I am going... to try to get some actual work done between tennis today. Lots o' laundry (always!), homeschool room needs a pick up (again!), and then there is that darn to do list!
I am reading... Finished Grass for His Pillow, and on to #3 Brilliance of the Moon.  And Mind Gym. Still.
I am hoping... for an extra 24 hours this week.
I am hearing... the grackles! The grackles have moved into our yard like they do every year. They are noisy and bothersome. They dive bomb the dog and cats and people. They poop everywhere. But I kinda like them. They'll leave in a few weeks after they hatch their babies.

Around the house... I might frame a few prints if I find time this week.

One of my favorite things... Spring. Can't believe today is the last day of April already.

A few plans for the rest of the week: It's going to be a fun week! But I can't spill the beans yet. So exciting...

Here is a picture I am sharing: Or two. Peeps loves to be on my shoulder.

No comments: