Monday, April 08, 2013

Day Book 4.8.13

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... sunny and lovely, but the weather is moving in soon. Gotta get out for my run before it cools down.

I am thinking... about doing a quarter year review. Look at my 40 for 40 list. I really, really need to review it. And maybe look at my New Year's goals again. I can't even remember what I listed!
I am thankful for... the ability to buy Matt a new vehicle. We finally got one Saturday morning. He's pretty darn happy, which makes me happy.
From the kitchen... made a second pot of split pea soup yesterday, quinoa burrito filling for lunches (plus I tried freezing some burritos, not sure how that will work), and ham & beans currently in the crockpot (trying to use up that Easter ham!). Will probably freeze soup and have beans for dinner with some skillet cornbread.
I am wearing... tennis skirt, white top, fleece jacket. Had a singles match this morning. 6-2, 6-3. Played well. Really happy with my serve. Really happy with my backhand. Overall pretty happy with my game.
I am creating... lots in my mind, just not much on the machine. I think I'll start a new crochet project that I can take on my trip this week.
I am going... to Minnesota!! So excited despite the cold weather predicted. I miss my Minnesota friends.
I am reading... loving The House at Riverton. It is very reminiscent of Downton Abbey. Same time period, big estate, similar "issues." Working slowly through Mind Gym. Trying to really concentrate on the information. Has already helped my tennis game. Pages away from being done with The Mastery of Love. Somehow I thought this book would be a big eye opener. Nope. But I might re-read it.

I am hoping... for a shower this afternoon. Some days we don't ask for much, do we?

I am hearing... the wind picking up outside.

Around the house... Shelves up over my desk. Looks great. New rugs should come this week. Then going to work on re-hanging artwork. Want Matt to put up the screen on my storm door. Weather has turned enough. Feeling the need for Matt to take the kids away  for a few days so I can get some work done.

One of my favorite things... my Eddie Bauer PJ pants. They come in tall so they are plenty long enough. This long-legged girl loves that.

A few plans for the rest of the week: doubles tennis match tomorrow, couple of tennis clinics (although I'm guessing one will be canceled for snow/cold), inspection of our new furnace, my Minnesota trip!

Here is a picture I am sharing: Our backyard squirrel who stole an ENTIRE bag of bread and dragged it up the tree!

No comments: