Monday, March 04, 2013

Day Book 3.4.13


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... looks nice but was a bit chilly when I went out to open up the chickens. A bit more sun now so hopefully it will warm up. I should check the forecast.

I am thinking... that I really want to get back to a regular yoga class. Not going to happen this week, but next week I've already got a class on the calendar. But not Bikram. I really want to try something new (for me!).

I am thankful for... my home.

From the kitchen... no chai this morning. Trying to transition my chai to an afternoon snack. I think it is a bit too much sugar in the morning and keeps me from eating. Have a puff pancake in the oven for breakfast (needed to use up some eggs!), will probably make egg salad for lunch since I broke 4 hard boiled eggs by accident this morning, and never did make sweet potato soup last week. Maybe tonight for dinner.
I am wearing... my Eddie Bauer flannel PJ pants (they make them in tall sizes!), black tank top and my grey fisherman sweater. After my shower, I'm going to wear my new J Crew Pixie pants. I LOVE these pants. I've worn them almost everyday since I bought them last week. Cute, comfy, stretchy, sexy(?). I think I'm going to get another pair in navy. Just need to make sure I didn't get this pair too big - they definitely stretch out a bit.

I am creating... Still staring at that quilt for Kate. I might bring my sewing machine to the mountains this week.

I am going... to run 10 miles today. It's the deciding run for the potential half marathon in April. If I feel okay, I'll sign up. If I feel crappy, probably not.

I am reading... still reading The Optimistic Child. Good but not a page turner. Finished Death Comes to Pemberly - eh - it was okay. Listening to The End of the Affair (Colin Firth is the narrator - love his voice!). It all seemed familiar, although I knew I hadn't read the book before. Then I realized that I had seen the movie.

I am hoping... that a magic fairy shows up and cleans my kitchen sometime this morning.

I am hearing... a Gavin DeGraw CD playing. Kate got it from my BIL, but I've absconded with it.

Around the house...
my new desk area is on the list this week. It has become the dumping ground. Hoping to at least get it sorta straightened up.

One of my favorite things... dogsledding! I now want my own team of dogs...

A few plans for the rest of the week: normal weekly activities; not much tennis this week because of court renovations; more time/energy for running; lunch with some friends; dentist appt for the kids (got to make myself an appt); more time in the mountains for spring skiing

Here is a picture I am sharing: Matt CAT skiing a few weeks ago


No comments: