Monday, February 04, 2013

Daybook 2.4.13


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... dark. Love getting up before the sun (as long as I've gone to bed at a decent time)

I am thinking... how nice it is to be home. We were on a cruise this last week. Lots of fun things. Need to find the camera, download photos and blog about it.

I am thankful for... homeschooling so we can have all these adventures. I'm actually really torn on homeschooling right now. We LOVE it, but there is a charter school that also sounds amazing. I put us in the lottery just to see what happens. It will be a big decision if the kids get spots. But trying not to cross that bridge until we get to it.

From the kitchen... no clue what is going on in the kitchen this week. Sipping a chai right now. I have some meat in the freezer that I would like to use up. Maybe French dip sandwiches with sweet potato fries? Probably a soup one night. Lots of juicing this week.

I am wearing... a pair of eggplant colored "PJs" and a grey sweater. The PJs are at least 5 years old and aren't really PJs. They were meant to be workout wear from LLBean. Yoga pants and a matching waffle texture henley hoodie. I was drawn to them because they are made out of organic cotton, and I felt like I *should* buy them to show that there is a market for organic cotton. I must have been the only one, because I don't think I've seen organic cotton in an LLBean catalog since! And I never wore them in public because, um, eggplant workout wear from head to toe just doesn't look all that great. But they've made good PJs and are now on their last leg. I'll wear them the next couple nights, wash them, and put them in the donation pile.


I am creating... I really, really want to get a quilt done for Kate for her birthday. In 20 days. Not looking good.


I am going... to give the hedgehog a bath today. Fun stuff.

I am reading... finished The Talent Code while on the cruise, finished Gone Girl last night (only took me 72 hours to finish... easy fiction is like candy to me! I have to limit myself otherwise I would go crazy and get nothing else done!) Not sure what I'll start today. I'm sure I have some half-read book somewhere that I can re-start.

I am hoping... for a good run and happy feet today. It is my weekend long run that didn't get done because of travel. Sometimes the first run back at altitude can be painful. Plus I have to play a singles tennis match first. And I need to blog about all the running plans.

I am hearing... the washing machine and dryer working overtime on our very dirty vacation clothes. I forget living in a dry climate how yucky clothes get in humidity.

Around the house... oh, such fun things happening around the house! We are having cubbies built in our mudroom (I think just the hooks need to be hung, and we'll be done!), and we took out an old  (old!) cabinet in a nook off the kitchen. That will become my desk area since my office is now the homeschool room. That has a little ways to go, but I will reveal that there is chalkboard paint involved. And I love how it is turning out.

One of my favorite things... chalkboard paint!! I now want to paint the whole house in chalkboard paint!

A few plans for the rest of the week: kids start music lessons today, lots o' tennis, lots o' swimming, lots o' homeschool catch-up, lots o' calls, dentist appointments, couple meetings, hopefully some time with friends, pretty much the normal stuff.

Here is a picture I am sharing: insane amount of Mardi Gras beads

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Great pic of you guys! I can't wait to hear about your Disney cruise...we went ahead and booked one for our spring break on March 11. :)

S