Monday, February 25, 2013

DayBook 2.25.13


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... Lots of snow around, but hopefully it will be decently warm. I don't want a cold run later!

I am thinking... that I can't believe I have a 9 year old. How did that happen? They say it goes fast, but... wow... She is halfway to being (theoretically) an adult.

I am thankful for... the time I get to spend with my kids. We certainly have our fair share of not-so-great moments, but mostly I really, really love being with them.

From the kitchen... have a hankering for sweet potato soup. Going to get taters today. And roasted chicken. That sounds good. Plus I want to juice all week. Feel like I need extra veggies.
I am wearing... a tennis skirt... ready for my match in a bit.

I am creating... I have the quilt top done for Kate's birthday quilt (her birthday was yesterday, oops. maybe I'll save it for Christmas), was waiting on the backing fabric to arrive, will hopefully baste in the next couple days and start quilting it

I am going... to get up early this week. Doesn't matter how dark. Or cold. Or comfortable my bed is. Going to do it. Yep.

I am reading... gotten a few good ones in. Finished The Expats last week, almost done with Death Comes to Pemberley. Slowly working my way through The Optimistic Child

I am hoping... for some alone time this week.

I am hearing... the cat eating the dog food and the furnace humming (which is on its last leg - no way we can make it through next winter without a new one. Ugh.)

Around the house... oh, oh, oh!! Wait until I post about what I've done in our house. Switched the tv/family room and dining room. Love it. Will try to post photos even though it is far from "done." I'd really like to order a living room rug this week. And we have to have the guys out to move the dining fixture to the new dining room. But I love it! AND I cleaned the basement. How long have I been saying that needs to be done? Matt took the kids to the mountains for a few days last week and left me to it. Decimated those piles. Donated at least 10 boxes of stuff. Ready to do something fun down there.

One of my favorite things... heated ski boots. Best. Thing. Ever.

A few plans for the rest of the week: it's going to be a good week. A bit of our norm: tennis matches, tennis lessons, music class, trampoline class, swim team, swim lessons, etc. A hair cut and hopefully some much needed shopping for me. Kids and I are also going to spend some time in the mountains - finally getting snow here! Not sure when we'll fit in that homeschooling.

Here is a picture I am sharing: Birthday girl and me in the snow yesterday. Best ski day we've had all season. Hoping the snow will keep coming for the next 6 weeks.

No comments: