Thursday, January 03, 2013

At Least I'm Sleeping Well

I may not be getting much done lately, but at least I'm sleeping well! Back before the holidays, Plush Beds was kind enough to send me a couple natural latex pillows. I'm pretty dedicated to my feather pillow but wanted to try these out. 

I was a bit doubtful when I pulled them out of the box just because they *looked* a little firm, but Matt and I both thought they were pretty comfy. Apparently latex pillows are sometimes known for having a chemically smell when brand new, but I didn't notice it at all. The pillows are also supposed to be good for deterring dust mites (which we thankfully don't have a problem with in Colorado!) and allergies (which we also don't have in our house!).

I had planned to do a bunch more research on eco pillows and blog about these pillows back in early December, but life happens and that research/blogging didn't! Never really did get the research done, but this article from the Sierra Club seems like a good resource if you want to read more about pillows.

Plush Beds usually only offers the pillows as a bonus gift for a latex mattress but would like to offer them as a separate item for sale at a promotional discount to blog readers. You can buy the pillows separately by calling in an order to 1-888-449-5738 and mentioning Greenstylemom for a buy one get one free promotion (limited to one offer per household). A natural talalay latex pillow sells for $79, $89, or $99 each (Standard, Queen, and King Sizes).

I am currently still going back and forth all night between the latex pillow and my old feather pillow depending on if I'm sleeping on my side or my tummy. Maybe I'll be a 2 pillow girl from now on. 

And I'm already eyeing Plush Beds for when we need to replace our RV mattresses...

*I don't make any revenue from my blog. I'll occasionally receive a product to review, and I like to pass on any good deals that I think readers might be able to use. But that's it.

**Another interesting tidbit... my sister and I both pronounce the word "pillow" as pell-o instead of pill-o. Are we the only ones?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We got a latex mattress a few years ago, well, part latex, because it is supposed to wear better than synthetic foam. It is HEAVY! Are the pillows heavy? Also, I generally say pellow. --Melissa