Monday, December 17, 2012

Daybook 12.17.12


Outside my window... dark, and I imagine, cold. I love the cold, but really only because it is a good excuse to stay inside. I'm not so fond of cold when I have to be or want to be outside. Cool weather is great. Cold, no.

I am thinking... that it has been so long since I've been in this space. An entire month. There was just too much going on in my life and in my mind. Hoping that as we approach the holidays, I'll feel like being here again.

I am thankful for... all the little creatures that share our home and life.

From the kitchen... a warm chai this morning. I made crepes for breakfast yesterday. There are a few leftover in the fridge for the kids this morning. I don't like leftover crepes so much, but the kids love them. For dinner tonight I might make a beef stew recipe that my friend Nona told me about.

I am wearing... tee shirt and legging PJs, fisherman sweater, and my trusty slippers.

I am creating... I found some time in my sewing room over the weekend. Got a few last minute gifts done. Always more I want to make. Finishing up the binding on a couple quilts. Starting to think about what I want to make in 2012.


I am going... to take a nap this afternoon. I woke up too early!

I am reading... a lot lately. It feels good. I'm about half way through Shantaram - love me a good, long novel! Also working through How Children Succeed. Reading it will probably affect some of our homeschooling.

I am hoping... that the world doesn't end in 5 days. There is a lot I would like to do in 2013.

I am hearing...
the furnace kicking on and off and the tick of the kitchen clock

Around the house... my dining room is a disaster of Christmas crafts and packing supplies. I only have 1-2 more boxes to pack up and ship, so hopefully it will return semi-normal state again soon. We put up some bedroom bookshelves on my side of the bed last weekend. I love them! Literally, I wake up at night and smile at all my books in the dark. So much better than having them piled around my nightstand!

One of my favorite things... Christmas baking!!

A few plans for the rest of the week... kinda a quiet week (thank goodness!) - all the normal activities plus tennis matches today and tomorrow until after the holidays, the kids' swimming is being filmed underwater at the Olympic Training Center (kinda cool, huh? and definitely overkill for a certain little boy!), holiday program a the kids' homeschool "school," furnace check, my dad is having a minor surgery, and my mom comes on Saturday.

Here is a picture I am sharing: 

2 comments:

PopMom said...

Shantaram is my favorite book of all time. It is deep and lovely and the writing is so thought provoking. Enjoy it!

Nona Jordan said...

I love this picture of Kate, Jack and Nina... wishing you peace amid the beautiful chaos, my friend. XO