Saturday, November 17, 2012

Well, Hello

I feel like it has been a long time since I've actually *written* anything on my blog (photos and to do lists and daybook posts don't count!). The kids and I arrived yesterday at my parents' home in Dallas for a long Thanksgiving visit. Kate and Jack basking in the grandparent attention, and I'm enjoying a little down time.

The drive here is always fairly enjoyable to me. We usually split it into two 6 hour days leaving one afternoon and arriving by the next afternoon. I mostly let the kids zone out with their iPods while I listen to podcasts or a book on tape. I finished listening to Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter which, despite being rather gory, was a fun book with an interesting premise. I like the interplay of history and fantasy. After finishing, I started right in on Talent is Overrated which my sister recommended to me. When I get on a subject kick, I usually read all I can. My last interest was happiness, but now I'm on to talent/practice. Look for a lot of related book reads.

All this reading on talent (and a bit on success) has me rethinking some of our homeschool focus. I don't think I'll make any drastic changes, just tweaks. The homeschooling is going really well overall. I should do a big blog post on what we've done so far this year and the adjustments we've made as we go. And about how much I have learned/re-learned.

It is also getting to that time of year when I really start looking forward to the next year. I love everything about goal setting - planning, setting, reviewing, achieving, adjusting. I need to do a review of my 40 for 40 list. I haven't blogged about it since last June. There is no way I'll get everything on the list done in 2012. Not even close. I've decided to give myself my entire 40th year (so until my 41st birthday next Sept) to complete the list. Shoot, maybe I'll even give myself the entire decade! Even though I'll continue with my 40 list, I've also been thinking a lot about what I want to accomplish in 2013. Have a bit of a brainstorming list started, but I need to organize and prioritize over the next few weeks.

I have hope that this week will be a kick start for me to get back into two things again - blogging and running. Both have fallen to the wayside this fall. I'd like to be able to blame homeschooling, but I still could find the time if I really put in an effort. Hopefully I'll do both tomorrow?

No comments: