Thursday, November 01, 2012

DayBook 11.1.12


Outside my window... dark. It is only 5:30am, although I've been up for over an hour. Not sure if it is insomnia or just enough sleep the last few nights.

I am thinking... about all my friends. I really like my friends.

I am thankful for... for quiet morning time to myself.

From the kitchen... fall always inspires me to cook. Dinner tonight will either be lasagna from the freezer or roasted chicken in the crockpot with acorn squash. Also want to make split pea soup soon. And roasted veggies. And white bean soup. I'm also going to freeze some garlic bread since Matt came home last night with two large loaves of bread which we didn't eat.

I am wearing... long tee shirt that has become a PJ top with black leggings, long sweater because our house is always cold and my fuzzy leopard print slippers

I am creating... Christmas presents! Everything is coming together nicely. Branching out a bit this year for one gift. Getting to know the guys in the hardware store pretty well.


I am going... to have a spa day today! Lucky me!

I am reading... nada, mostly. Still working my way through Suite Francaise. It is a good book, just not a page turner. And I feel like I can hardly call it reading when I only pick it up once a week or so!

I am hoping... that I'll get around to blogging about homeschool one of these days. Let's just say we are all still really enjoying it!

I am hearing... 
the space heater keeping the hedgehog warm and the kitten purring beside me.

Around the house... making fun changes! I finally got sick of homeschooling at the dining room table. I really don't use my office much anymore except as a dumping ground. Moved some furniture around, and the office has now become the homeschool room (and, if/when the kids go back to school, it will be a homework room). It is usable, but will need another week or two before it is complete as I shuffle things around. We moved my desk to the little alcove between the kitchen and the mudroom. There is an old built-in (the creative cabinet) that is barely functional, so we are going to take that out and officially make it a desk area for paying bills, filing, desktop use. My book collection has been displaced, but I think we'll move a bookcase next to my side of the bed to house them. I'll blog some pics when it comes together a bit more.

One of my favorite things... Halloween candy!! 

A few plans for the rest of the week: How is it Thursday already? And November?!? I mentioned my spa day, but also a program for the kids at the library, tennis make-up match, a birthday party, and my father-in-law is in town. Oh - and an extra hour this weekend!

Here is a picture I am sharing: Silly kitten stuck up in the tree... again! I admit that I wasn't really wild about this animal when we first got her, but she has really grown on me the last few months. Such a character!
(No Halloween photos of the kids to share... all pictures have friends in them, and I didn't get one of my kids together!)

No comments: