Saturday, October 06, 2012

Daybook 10.6.12


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it's SNOWING!! Okay, barely, but there is already a bit on the back furniture. It is so cloudy, you can't even tell there are mountains out there.

I am thinking... I love the mountains! I never thought I would live where I can see them every day. That being said, I think my ideal would be to split time between here and a tropical beach. Maybe Hawaii?

I am thankful for... a husband who goes out on cold mornings to get bagels for the herd of children I have in my house this morning.

From the kitchen... having a chai tea dusted with cinnamon right now, bagels (see above) for breakfast, and I'm thinking we'll make potato soup for dinner.

I am wearing... my Patagonia PJ pants (love these! got 'em on sale this summer and wish Patagonia carried them all the time) and a long sleeved white long hoodie and my Smartwool socks

I am creating... think it will be a good day to pull out some crafts for the kids. Maybe I'll get to my sewing machine as well.


I am going... back to Europe this week! Sorta a 40th birthday present to me. Going to fly into Geneva, pick up my dear friend Elizabeth, and let her take me off to Croatia for an adventure.

I am reading... not much lately.

I am hoping... to clean out the darn pantry today!

I am hearing...
kids watching TV in the other room.

Around the house... same old, same old... the more I clean and declutter, the messier it seems to get!

One of my favorite things... my deep freezer! Love having meals fro zen for when I don't feel like cooking.

A few plans for the rest of the week: normal homeschool activities, normal tennis, not normal packing. And my mom is flying in to help Matt with the kids while I am gone.

Here is a picture I am sharing: Jack Van Gogh. Somehow he hurt his ear on the banister while running down our front stairs. Has been wearing a bandaid over that ear for the last couple of days.

No comments: