Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Little Mermaid

Kate has been begging me to make her a mermaid tail for quite awhile. We purchased the material earlier this summer (with a 50% off coupon - outfitting a mermaid is expensive!!). Finally found the time (and energy!) to make it this weekend.
It wasn't difficult at all. Followed this tutorial. My only tip is to cut the fabric so the greater stretch is across the width... I made this one with the greater stretch lengthwise which made it difficult to fit in the fin tail. I also left out the elastic at the waist. Did a fold over seam, and Kate folds it down like yoga pants (or up for a full body suit!).

I have a pretty happy mermaid!
She still wants to take it to the swimming pool so she can swim like a "real" mermaid... not sure what the lifeguards will say!
The hot tub will have to do for now.

11 comments:

Angela Miller said...

That is so cute!!! I love it. I'll have to tuck that tutorial away for when Isla get bigger.

Stephanie said...

Kristin, WOW!!! That is incredible. Sydney has wanted one forever, and found one in some catalog that you can swim with. But this is awesome. You are such a cool mom...I wish I could sew!

Penny said...

AWesome! I had better not show Lydia or she will want one ;-P

Clover said...

This is really a great read for me. Thank you for publishing articles having a great insight stimulates me to check more often for new write ups. Keep posting!

Clover
www.n8fan.net

brianna said...

this girl is adorable.

www.joeydavila.net

lee woo said...

I like your post a lot! You should write some more on this!Great job coming with such terrific post!


mocsbar.com

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

Leslie Lim said...

Nice post. I enjoy reading your article. I found new ideas and very good information. I will come back for the next post. Thank you.

John
www.imarksweb.org

Barbie Chiu said...

Start your day positively and the rest will follow. Please do visit my site.Thank you and have a good day.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


ufgop.org
ufgop.org

Leslie Lim said...

So happy to be given a privilege to post a comment here. You have a wonderful site. Thank you for the effort to publish this.

www.gofastek.com