Monday, August 06, 2012

Day Book 8.6.12

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... is a perfect morning for an open window. Cool air coming in, grass is wet from the sprinklers, everything seems really green today.

I am thinking... about what I need to get done today. Nothing big, but lots of little "to do's" need to be crossed off the list.

I am thankful for... our National Parks system. It really is amazing!

From the kitchen... going to make something in the crockpot today. Maybe pulled pork (in which case I need to make more slider buns) or a new casserole recipe.

I am wearing... boxer shorts with beluga whales printed on them that my parents bought me about 25 years ago (they are my PJs), a tank top that I slept in, and a Patagonia wool base layer that I put on because I'm chilly. It's a good look on me.

I am creating... granny squares for a crochet blanket. I think I have enough and need to stitch them together. Need another car trip!

I am going... clean the poor hedgehog's cage today and clean the poor fish's bowl. Both jobs don't take too long and are super easy, yet I always seem to put them off.

I am reading...  Finished Quiet on our trip. Really liked the book although it left me wanting something... many even more info? Maybe more confirmation that being an introvert is okay? Maybe I wanted the book to tell all the extroverts to stop talking? (Kidding! Sorta.) Not sure. Matt and I listened to Divergent and Insurgent in the car (I had already listened to Divergent but needed to listen again before the sequel). The books are very Hunger Games-esque but not as good nor well written. There is a lot of worthless killing (mostly in the 2nd book) and the descriptive words get a little redundant. Still it makes fun, easy listening for a road trip. I listened to What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast (it is super short) this week which was inspiring but not specific enough for my me. Mostly the author just tells you that morning is a good time to get things accomplished. I'm currently listening to The Willpower Instinct which I find fascinating. Will get back to the Bonhoeffer biography when Willpower is finished.

I am hoping... for a quiet week.

I am hearing... Jack breathing as he sleeps next to me on the couch. Love my snuggle bug!

Around the house... Need to do some laundry (the great thing about camping is that you wear the same clothes for multiple days - not much laundry when you get home!), want to clean out Jack's closet (the poor boy only has 1-2 pairs of pants that fit), and might tackle the pantry if I'm feeling good this afternoon.


One of my favorite things... My new Tea Forte Kati Cup

A few plans for the rest of the week: not much... maybe some berry picking, some time at the pool... I love having a free schedule!

Here is a picture I am sharing: International Dog

No comments: