Thursday, July 05, 2012

Today

...is a good day. Actually I'm still having a lot of allergy issues because of the wildfire smoke - still coughing and sneezing and blowing my nose constantly. Yuck. But other than that it was a good day - tennis, lots 'o cleaning out of closets & cupboards, lemonade stand for Jack (he made $9 on just one pitcher!!), swim play date for Kate, and our Father's Day celebration for Matt tonight.

(I know, I know... we are a few weeks behind, but Matt and the kids were in New York for the real Father's Day. I did send some cookies. What? I didn't tell you that I stayed home and had a WHOLE WEEK in the house by myself?!? Gotta write about that sometime. It was so good for the soul.).

Anyway, our belated Father's Day celebration was fun. We got Matt a make-your-own-sliders set and one of those silly ice cream balls (it is to use when we camp). Matt grilled some sliders, I made slider buns, we had corn on the cob, fried potatoes and green beans on the side. For dessert we used the ice cream ball to make homemade ice cream, and I made some "magic shell" for topping (we used to make it with butter when I was little, but I like this recipe with coconut oil instead).
Homemade slider buns
Now THIS is a fun way make ice cream!
Magic shell on ice cream in my new dessert bowls -
aren't they cute?
Oh! And belated Happy 4th! We had a lovely, low-key day. Since fireworks were cancelled, we stayed home and had fun - neighborhood kids' parade, sprinkle donuts, slip-n-slide, homemade snow cones and good company.

No comments: